Friday, February 11, 2011

THIS IS IT, WHAT CAN YOU DO THAT'S WORSE THAN THIS?

I have a show next month at Arcadia Boutique in NoLibs and I've decided to do a series of paintings inspired by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. If they lived in FuzzyTown of course.
This is a reinterpretation of one of my favorite albums of his, Weasels Ripped My Flesh.
The original art is mind blowingly amazing, probably something I shouldn't touch, but I did anyway.

Here's the original artwork, so disturbing and amazing.
When Frank Zappa approached the artist Neon Park to create a cover, he showed him this cover of Man's Life, and said "This is it, what can you do that's worse than this?"
Terrifying image but strangely hilarious at the same time. So Weird. I wonder if this inspired the scene in the Big Lebowski when the Nihilists threw the ferret/weasel in the tub to torture The Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment